Hair care is essential during pregnancy, and you have to avoid all the chemicals; otherwise, it can directly affect your baby. Chemical products can directly affect the growth of the baby in the womb of the mother. You have to make clear that the products you are using during pregnancy have to be chemical-free and not harsh for the body and scalp. If you are pregnant, there are many important decisions you should make. One of them is to choose the best shampoo and other hair care products like conditioner and straighter. The food and drinks you take during pregnancy is not only the point, but other body care is also essential. You have to use safe beauty products for the better life of you and your child.
What Happens to the Hair of Pregnant Women?
The follicles of your hair will become thicker than they were before. You will not have to take tension if your hair scalp gets oily; it is a normal thing that happens in pregnancy. Extra hormones are produced in the body during the pregnancy; these excess hormones affect your hairs and follicles. There is also an increase in the volume of the strands of pregnant women. Anything you use during pregnancy does not only affect you but is very harmful to the unborn baby. Therefore, you have to take care of what you use for your hair and your skin. The strands of pregnant women also become curly and need extra volume. At last, pregnant women’s sense of smell also increases and becomes very sensitive for every fragrance and aroma.
Which Product Should You Choose During Pregnancy?
There are many products available for hair care, but you have to choose the best shampoo for pregnancy. Some of the aspects of the best shampoo are.
- You have to keep in mind that the shampoo you use must not be harsh to your scalp and hairs; you have to choose the shampoo that feels soft to your strands. Because the harsh products not only affect you, but it is very harmful to your unborn offspring.
- The product you choose for your hairs like shampoo and conditioner must be of increased volume as compared to your older and regular shampoo because the pregnant women need more hair volume and increase the density of the shampoo. The scalp of the pregnant women becomes dry than usual, so you have to be careful about the buying choice of your shampoo.
- You have to choose the fragrance-free shampoo because pregnant women become more sensitive to the smell as compared to normal women. You can’t use the regular shampoo because of its fragrance, and you have to buy new shampoo carefully, which is fragrance-free and suits perfectly for your body.
Other Changes Happen During Pregnancy
There are many other changes other than only hairs that occur during pregnancy. Not single strands, you have to take care of the whole body properly. However, your body care is attached to the shape of the unborn child. Let’s discuss other changes which happen to the form of the pregnant women.
There are changes in your teeth
The teeth become even more sensitive in pregnancy. People think that the toothpaste you use in pregnancy does not matter. No, it is crucial to choose the correct toothpaste, because many of the toothpaste contain whitening and other strong chemicals which are harmful to your unborn baby. Also, it affects the teeth and gum sensitivity of pregnant women. So, you have to choose the toothpaste that is non-whitening and chemical-free. I suggest you use branded toothpaste-like Close-up, etc.
Underarms becomes more sensitive
The underarms of pregnant women become more sensitive than usual. Most pregnant women do not know that deodorants contain many dangerous chemicals. These hazardous chemicals can pass through the skin and will directly affect your fetuses and other body parts. You have to avoid all the strong fragrance and delicate chemical perfumes so that your body and the body of your unborn will be secured. You can use light fragrances and the deodorants with the fragrances inspired by nature.
The body becomes highly sensitive
The body of pregnant women becomes highly sensitive to the products you use. Most of the beauty products contain many harmful chemicals that you should avoid during pregnancy. These chemicals directly affect the body of the women and the unborn child. All the products you use must be used with proper care and caution. There are many products you have to use with care. Some of them are listed below.
- Cleansers – You have to use the cleaners which are gentle to your body. You have to take care that the cleaner use is using must be chemical-free and should not be harsh to your body. You have to use a cleanser, which feels soft to your body and leaves a fresh and clean finish.
- Moisturizers – Be careful with the lotion you use for your body because the moisturizers made by many brands contain harmful chemicals. The moisturizer you choose should be made from natural ingredients and also should not contain any strong fragrance.
- Body lotion – Another most popular product used by pregnant women is body lotion. This is because the skin of the pregnant women becomes dry, and to give it proper care, many women use body lotion. The cream you choose for the pregnancy must be adequately tested and should be chemical-free.
The final words
To conclude, I say that every product you use during pregnancy must be checked carefully. You have to avoid all the products which contain dangerous chemicals and artificial ingredients. All the things you use during pregnancy must be inspired by nature and should be made from natural ingredients. Another thing is that all the products you use should not contain any intense fragrance, because the nose and body of pregnant women become more sensitive. So, it would be best if you took proper care of yours to protect your unborn child.